Last updated: 8 June, 2021
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any moment by updating this page. You must revisit this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes we make, since they are binding on you.
You should be aware that we gather the following categories of information when you start a relationship with us:
- Personal Information, including personal data, you provide online and on applications or other forms, or through discussions we have with you or your representatives, such as your name, address, date of birth, country of residence, contact information and any information that is provided through your communications with VALK.
- Job Application Information. When you apply for a job with us, we gather whatever information you offer. For example, we collect your resume, references, or other relevant information.
Additionally, we automatically collect the following information when you visit our Website:
- Technical data, such as the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
How do we use the information we collect
We collect, use and disclose Personal Information to meet the needs of our customers and users to better our business purposes for their benefit, including:
- to deliver the goods and services you’ve requested;
- day-to-day account and service operations and maintenance;
- to inform you about our services and other similar products and services;
- to maintain and operate our website and services;
- to understand our customers and users needs;
- to gain a better understanding of our markets, as well as to create and develop our services and associated goods;
- to manage and process any information request or employment application;
- to fulfil government tax reporting requirements or to comply with our regulatory and legal duties.
How we share information
We may share your personal data as permitted by this policy or by law, including with:
- Anyone who works for us or for our group when they need it to do their job or for us to provide services to you;
- Legal, regulatory, tax and other authorities, where requested or required;
- Any organisation which supports our Site, our compliance processes, or any of our services you use, when they need it to offer those services;
- Technology service providers such as e-signature or other providers where necessary to provide our services or products from time to time;
In some instances, your personal data may be transferred, stored or otherwise processed outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). People who work for us or our suppliers or service providers outside the EEA might also process your data. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that where we transfer or process your data outside the EEA this is protected by similar or equivalent safeguards as is provided under EU and UK law, such as model contract clauses or the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We want to make it apparent to our users that they have control over their personal information. Please contact us at [email protected] at any time if you desire to have your personal data corrected, deleted, or audited, and our data collecting officers will be able to meet your requests as authorised by relevant legislation.
Cookies are small files that gather anonymous information about how people use our site and are used to enhance it. The number of site visitors, where they came from, and which pages they viewed are among the data collected. Visit aboutcookies.org for more information. You may not be able to access some parts or features of our site if you delete our cookies or disable future cookies.